Reverie

One, two, three, four
A rat-tat-tat through my core
Pinocchio revelries inside of me 
Ah, one-two, two-three

As the lights go out in the dead of the night
Nothing in sight and all is quiet
Thwarting my sleep at two-forty-five
The heart's letting words connive

Ideas rise from latency
As paper-pen become an exigency
Nimble footsteps, now compelled
To my desk- the paradoxical hell

Wriggling wrists, yearning to write
Selfishly smearing blue thoughts on white
Eager ears the notebook lends
With each new story a stronger friend

In this new dimension where all makes sense
There are no logos, nor a fence
Infinite beauty infinitely shines
Till in snooze I finally recline

-Rishika Chutani

Comments

  1. Nice heading and an even nicer poem!! πŸ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are like one of those warm and beautiful dreams that you wanna live again and again❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts